Malted Ice Cream Pie with Waffle Cone Crust
Malted Ice Cream Pie has a rich crushed waffle cone and honey crust and a delicious and easy to make filling. This is a great choice for a special summer party.
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups finely crushed or ground waffle or sugar cones (about 12 cones total. Waffle cones will yield 2 cups, sugar 1 1/2 cups.)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 container (1.5 quarts) Vanilla DREYER'S or EDY'S SLOW CHURNED Light Ice Cream
- 1 1/4 cups OVALTINE Classic Malt Mix, divided
- 2 tablespoons lowfat milk
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen light whipped topping, thawed (optional)
- Chopped malt balls (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
REMOVE ice cream from freezer to soften for several minutes. Place ice cream and 1 cup Ovaltine in large mixer bowl; beat until combined. Spoon into prepared crust. Place in freezer while making topping. For topping, combine milk and remaining ¼ cup Ovaltine in large bowl; stir in whipped topping. Spoon over pie. Freeze for 5 hours or until firm.
SPRINKLE with chopped malt balls. Cut into 12 wedges (crust will be crumbly but oh so good!).
NOTE: OVALTINE Chocolate Malt, OVALTINE Rich Chocolate and NESTLÉ NESQUIK Chocolate Flavor Powder taste great in the pie, too. We tested them all!
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/12 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.