Brown sugar, apple cider and mango nectar turn this ham into a savory dish deserving of its place at the Sunday dinner table. Try this for a special family meal or for entertaining. Great choice for holidays.
- 1 (8-10 lb.) fully cooked smoked ham
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup mango nectar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider or juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 head red or green leaf lettuce, (optional)
- 1 can (20-oz.) pineapple chunks, drained (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 425° F. Place ham fat-side up on rack in large roasting pan.
BAKE, uncovered, for 1 hour. Combine sugar, nectar, cider, mustard and cloves in small bowl. Remove ham from oven; brush with ½ cup glaze.
BAKE, brushing frequently with remaining glaze, for an additional 35 to 45 minutes. Remove ham from oven. Transfer to a large platter lined with lettuce leaves; arrange pineapple around ham.
Review This Recipe
It was my first time trying a ham I was cooking it for Christmas. The mango nectar and browm sugar gave it a sweet and tangy taste.It was the best ham I' ve had in years.We all enjoyed it!
Read More Reviews