Mango-Ginger Granola is a perfect morning surprise for guests or family. You'll love the contrasting flavors that the ginger and almonds bring to this recipe.
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup Apple NESTLÉ® JUICY JUICE® 100% Juice
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried mango, finely chopped
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE oats, sugar, nuts, wheat germ, cinnamon and ginger in large bowl. Stir in Juicy Juice, butter and vanilla extract; toss well to coat. Spread mixture evenly into prepared pan.
BAKE, stirring frequently, for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Stir in mango.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
The granola is not too sweet and is properly crunchy. The addition of the mango is a nice touch. I don't detect the mango flavor in the granola very much so I think you could maybe substitute another juice/dried fruit combo if you like. Definately will make this one again - excellent recipe.
I love granola and was looking for a new variety of it. This recipe is great! The granola is crunchy and delicious! I especially like it as a topping over yogurt--coconut flavored yogurt is great with it!
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 470
- Calories from Fat: 130
- Total Fat: 14g (22% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 10mg (4% of DV)
- Sodium: 55mg (2% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 81g (27% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 7g (27% of DV)
- Sugars: 29g
- Protein: 10g
- Vitamin A: 110% of DV
- Vitamin C: 70% of DV
- Calcium: 8% of DV
- Iron: 20% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.