Marbled Chocolate Brownies feature a swirl of sweetened cream cheese marbled in a delicious chocolate brownie that makes an exceptional presentation on a dessert buffet.
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ozs. Neufchâtel cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon nonfat milk
COMBINE flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Heat 1 1/4 cups sugar, morsels, applesauce and margarine in large, heavy-duty saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly just until morsels are melted. Remove from heat. Stir in egg whites.
ADD cocoa mixture and vanilla extract; stir well. Spread into greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Stir together cream cheese, 1 tablespoon sugar and milk in small bowl. Drop by rounded teaspoon over batter; swirl over surface of batter with back of spoon.
BAKE in preheated 325° F oven for 22 to 28 minutes or just until set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Review This Recipe
This was a great treat for the whole family. It was easy and fun to make. They were fluffy and delicious. I would make them again and again!
Read More Reviews