Mediterranean Chicken and Lemon Soup
Exceptional and creamy Mediterranean Chicken and Lemon Soup is made piquant with lemon juice and a garnish of fresh basil.
- 2 cans (14.5 fl. oz. each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 small carrot, sliced
- 2 cups (6 oz.) cooked, cubed chicken breast meat
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper strips
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE 1 tablespoon evaporated milk and cornstarch in small bowl; stir into soup. Gradually stir in remaining evaporated milk. Bring to just a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in basil before serving.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
I love this version
I have looked for an easy version of this recipe since I had a sample at a grocery store. Finally, I found it in this recipe! I cut down a bit on the lemon juice and it was absolutely wonderful. This one goes in my favorites category.
This soup was great and easy, even the picky 5 yr old ate it. I added asparagus tips to put some "green" in it. They were a great sensation!!
A Good Summer Soup
After reading some reviews, I cut down on lemon juice to just 2 tablespoon and added very chopped up pieces of celery to the soup. It turned out to be a refreshing soup for the long, hot summer in southern California. I served it with sweet bread rolls.
I took it to a bible study and everyone loved it, some even asked to take some home! Very yummy. I used dried basil, followed the conversion-1 tablespoon of fresh for 1 tsp of dried, and it was great!
quick and easy
I made this soup for supper last night..I could not get over how quick and easy it was to prepare and eveyone loved it!
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 330
- Calories from Fat: 60
- Total Fat: 6g (10% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 2g (9% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 60mg (21% of DV)
- Sodium: 650mg (27% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 36g (12% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (9% of DV)
- Sugars: 12g
- Protein: 32g
- Vitamin A: 90% of DV
- Vitamin C: 60% of DV
- Calcium: 30% of DV
- Iron: 10% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.