Exceptional and creamy Mediterranean Chicken and Lemon Soup is made piquant with lemon juice and a garnish of fresh basil.
- 2 cans (14.5 fl. oz. each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 small carrot, sliced
- 2 cups (6 oz.) cooked, cubed chicken breast meat
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper strips
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
BOIL broth in medium saucepan. Add rice and carrot; cook until carrot is tender. Stir in chicken, bell pepper, lemon juice and garlic.
COMBINE 1 tablespoon evaporated milk and cornstarch in small bowl; stir into soup. Gradually stir in remaining evaporated milk. Bring to just a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in basil before serving.
Review This Recipe
Chicken in a Soup
I put way too much lemon juice, only had dried basil, and didn't have red bell peppers available. My roommate however, says it was perfect. Between the two of us it is still on the list of recipes to make again.
Read More Reviews