Our fluffy Mediterranean Couscous Salad features dried cranberries or cherries and a secret ‘juicy’ ingredient. It’s a nutritious addition to any picnic spread or summer meal. Toasting the nuts will add great flavor dimensions to this beautiful dish.
Read the Nestlé Kitchens blog for more detailed instructions.
- 1 box (5.7 ounces) Mediterranean Curry instant couscous mix
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 1/3 cup Apple NESTLÉ® JUICY JUICE® 100% Juice
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pine nuts, toasted*
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley or cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper
PLACE couscous with seasoning packet and cranberries in large bowl; pour boiling water (amount called for on box) over couscous. Stir in Juicy Juice. Cover with plastic wrap; let stand for about 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with fork.
ADD nuts, green onions, oil, parsley and lemon juice; stir well. Season with pepper. Best served at room temperature.
Cook's Tip: * Toast walnuts in medium skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, for a couple minutes. If you can’t find Mediterranean couscous, use 3/4 cup whole-wheat couscous and add 1 tablespoon ground curry powder, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon granulated sugar.