Full of Mediterranean flavor, these pesto and olive rolls are the perfect complement to any Italian or Mediterranean meal.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/3 cup BUITONI Refrigerated All Natural Pesto with Basil (7 oz.)
- BUITONI Refrigerated All Natural Pesto with Basil (11 oz.)
- 1/2 cup BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese (5 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olives, pitted and diced
- 1 large egg, beaten
ROLL out dough into 12 x 10-inch rectangle on lightly floured surface. Spread pesto over dough, leaving 1/2-inch border around edges. Sprinkle with cheese and olives. Start at long end of dough and roll into 12-inch-long cylinder; pinch dough to seal. Cut into twelve 1-inch slices and place on ungreased baking sheet.
COVER with damp cloth and set in warm place for about 45 to 60 minutes or until double in size. Brush tops of rolls with beaten egg.
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown and rolls sound hollow when tapped.
Review This Recipe
I'm always improvising so on 1/2 of the rolled out dough I followed directions. On the other half I spread olive oil, then I layered lots of Italian parsley, then sharp provolone and leftover ham. Since it was my first time making this, it was a treat. We all liked both breads but your recipe with the pesto was the favorite. Yes,
I got calls for encores as the family loved it. 5 Stars!!!