Melted Mozzarella Sandwiches
These Melted Mozzarella Sandwiches are tasty and simple to make. Experiment with other cheeses to get flavor variations.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 8 large spinach leaves
- 4 large tomato slices
- 4 large slices (12 ounces total) mozzarella cheese
- 8 slices wheat bread
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE oil, basil, garlic and bouillon in small bowl. Place spinach leaves, tomato slices and cheese on 4 bread slices; top with remaining bread slices. Brush sandwiches with oil mixture.
PLACE sandwiches on baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes or until bread is golden brown. Carefully turn over and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Let stand for a few minutes. Cut in half diagonally. Serve warm.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
dip mozzarella sandwich
i think it looks yummy..
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 260
- Calories from Fat: 150
- Total Fat: 17g (26% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 7g (33% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 25mg (8% of DV)
- Sodium: 490mg (20% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 14g (5% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 1g (6% of DV)
- Sugars: 2g
- Protein: 14g
- Vitamin A: 25% of DV
- Vitamin C: 8% of DV
- Calcium: 35% of DV
- Iron: 8% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.