Take macaroni and cheese in a whole new direction with the addition of crabmeat to this rich variation of the American classic. Mexicali Macaroni and Crab Casserole will leave your guests and family with a special memory of a delicious meal.
- 1 package (40 oz.) STOUFFER'S Macaroni & Cheese, defrosted according to package directions
- 3/4 cup thick & chunky medium salsa
- 1 can (7 oz.) diced green chiles
- 8 ounces fresh or imitation crabmeat
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion, minced
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 2-quart baking dish.
COMBINE macaroni and cheese, salsa, chiles, crabmeat, chili powder and cumin in medium bowl. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
BAKE for 25 minutes or until bubbly around edges; top with crushed tortilla chips and Monterey Jack cheese and cheddar cheese.
BAKE for 5 to 10 minutes or until tortilla chips are golden brown and the cheese. Sprinkle with green onion.
*DEFROST Macaroni and Cheese in microwave on 50% power for 20 to 25 minutes.
Review This Recipe
The green chilis were too over powering for the crabmeat. The husband did not like it at all. My teenager tolerated it but only because he had a cold and said he really couldn't taste anything.
Read More Reviews