Mexican Albondigas Burgers
Served on bolillos or French rolls, these Mexican Albondigas Burgers are similar to a meatball sandwich. With the flavors of cilantro and poblano chiles, they make a delicious choice for summertime grilling.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound lean ground pork or pork sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely diced, roasted and peeled poblano chiles
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken or Beef Flavor Bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon NESCAFÉ CLÁSICO Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 small thin slices of queso fresco cheese
- 4 bolillos or French rolls
- Light mayonnaise, lettuce, sliced tomatoes, sliced avocado (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
MIX ground beef, ground pork, cilantro, poblano chiles, green onion, garlic, egg, bouillon, coffee granules, black pepper and crushed red pepper in a large bowl using both hands until all ingredients are completely combined.
DIVIDE meat mixture into 8 equal pieces (each piece should be 2 ounces). Roll each piece into a ball. Flatten each ball with your thumb to form a dent in the center.
GRILL meatballs on all sides, turning every 5 minutes, for 15 to 20 minutes or until fully cooked. About 2 minutes before finished grilling, top each meatball with a slice of cheese.
SLICE bolillos down the center and spread each side with a little mayonnaise. Fill with two meatballs each. Top with lettuce, tomato and avocado, if desired.
Cook’s Tip: Roasting the poblano chile the day before is a great time saver.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 650
- Calories from Fat: 240
- Total Fat: 26g (41% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 10g (50% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 140mg (46% of DV)
- Sodium: 360mg (15% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 66g (22% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (14% of DV)
- Sugars: 2g
- Protein: 34g
- Vitamin A: 25% of DV
- Vitamin C: 4% of DV
- Calcium: 8% of DV
- Iron: 35% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.