This holiday season, try a Latin version of the classic stuffing dish! Chorizo, jalapeño, cilantro and evaporated milk are added to the stuffing mix for a moist, savory and delicious stuffing.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 12 ounces pork chorizo, casing removed
- 1/3 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 bags (6 ounces each) seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon OR 1/2 tablet MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon, crushed, dissolved in 1 cup warm water
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 3-quart baking dish.
HEAT oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, celery, jalapeño and poultry seasoning; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until just tender. Add chorizo; cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until cooked through.
REMOVE from heat; add olives, cilantro and stuffing mix. Mix to combine. Pour in bouillon mixture and evaporated milk. Gently stir to moisten. Spoon into prepared baking dish; cover.
BAKE for 30 minutes or until heated through.
NUTRITION TIP: To reduce fat, use NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk or NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk.