Mexican Chorizo Stuffing
This holiday season, try a Latin version of the classic stuffing dish! Chorizo, jalapeño, cilantro and evaporated milk are added to the stuffing mix for a moist, savory and delicious stuffing.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 12 ounces pork chorizo, casing removed
- 1/3 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 bags (6 ounces each) seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon OR 1/2 tablet MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon, crushed, dissolved in 1 cup warm water
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
HEAT oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, celery, jalapeño and poultry seasoning; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until just tender. Add chorizo; cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until cooked through.
REMOVE from heat; add olives, cilantro and stuffing mix. Mix to combine. Pour in bouillon mixture and evaporated milk. Gently stir to moisten. Spoon into prepared baking dish; cover.
BAKE for 30 minutes or until heated through.
NUTRITION TIP: To reduce fat, use NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk or NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/12 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 310
- Calories from Fat: 140
- Total Fat: 16g (24% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 6g (29% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 35mg (12% of DV)
- Sodium: 990mg (41% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 27g (9% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (9% of DV)
- Sugars: 5g
- Protein: 12g
- Vitamin A: 2% of DV
- Vitamin C: 2% of DV
- Calcium: 10% of DV
- Iron: 10% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.