These Mexican Fritters with Abuelita Coffee Sauce are delicious and fun to make. Fried tortillas are sprinkled with cinnamon-sugar then drenched in a sweet and creamy coffee chocolate sauce. Ready in 30 minutes and perfect for weekend entertaining.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 8 (6-inch) fajita-size flour tortillas
- 1 tablet (90 g) NESTLÉ ABUELITA Authentic Mexican Hot Chocolate Drink
- 1 can (7.6 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ Media Crema
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Dulce de Leche
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 to 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur (optional)
COMBINE sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; set aside.
HEAT oil in medium skillet to 350° F (175° C). Fry tortillas one at a time, turning once, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle fritters with cinnamon-sugar.
COMBINE Abuelita, media crema and dulce de leche in medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently, until melted and smooth. Add milk and liqueur; reduce heat to low. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes; remove from heat. Drizzle sauce over fritters. Serve immediately.
Review This Recipe
the three milk is simply wonderful moist,and creamy.thanks goood for lechera.