Mexican Meatloaf Muffins
Baked in muffin cups, these tasty Mexican Meatloaf Muffins get an extra taste sensation from the taco seasoning. These are the perfect size to freeze and serve to kids of all ages.
Feed your family twice, but only cook once! This recipe is already doubled. Just serve your family half and freeze the rest. Ready in less than one hour.
- 3 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 cups quick oats
- 2 pkts. (1.25 oz. each) taco seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley (optional)
- Shredded lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped tomatoes (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE ground beef, evaporated milk, eggs, ketchup, quick oats, taco seasoning, black pepper and parsley in large bowl until just mixed. Divide meat mixture into 20 ungreased muffin cups; mound tops slightly.
BAKE for 25 to 30 minutes or until no longer pink in center. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from muffin cups.
SERVE half the meatloaf muffins over lettuce, cheese and tomatoes, if desired. Makes enough for two 5-serving meals or 20 muffins.
• Freeze half the meatloaf muffins for another meal. Wrap each in freezer wrap; freeze. To reheat, microwave unwrapped frozen meatloaf muffin on HIGH (100% power) for 2 minutes. If thawed, microwave for 1 minute.
• Meat Loaf mixture can be divided into two ungreased 8 x 4-inch loaf pans instead of muffin cups. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until no longer pink in center.
• Serve taco sauce along with the muffins.
• For a more “comfort food” type meal, serve with mashed potatoes. Slice and serve on a dinner roll or wrapped in a flour tortilla. These are quite portable, great for school lunches along with a packet of ketchup.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
This makes a GREAT sunday nite meal. Will definitely make again.
So many options!
I just made these the other day, and rather than use Mexican seasoning, I used Italian seasoning. We loved it! I'll be making the Mexican version sometime soon. I'm 7 1/2 months pregnant, so the leftovers will come in really handy in a few months.
Muffins for dogs
I tried this and my family loved it! So my little CiCi Chi dog, just watched as we ate this and i thought why not? I left out the spices and added a can of mixed veg's! Bow-Wow, she loved it! So easy to freeze them and on a hot day just give it to her to eat on or take on a long walk! GREAT!!!! Thanks!
Made this for my family get-together,everyone loved it .I added corn & cheese to the meat mixture and also added cheese to the top of the meatloaf during the last 5 minutes of baking.
Mexican Meatloaf Muffins
Cooked this dish and my husband and neighbors loved it.The tast was good and different. Even though it reminds you of a regular meatloaf cooked in muffins pans.The oats is what I liked being added to to dish. Keep the recipes coming I'm enjoying something different with items that you have in your cabinet and don't have to go out and buy other seasoning for your recipes. You're just cooking them a different way. Thanks Mrs Guillory
Serving Size: 1/10 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 310
- Calories from Fat: 90
- Total Fat: 10g (15% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 125mg (42% of DV)
- Sodium: 690mg (29% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 22g (7% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (8% of DV)
- Sugars: 6g
- Protein: 32g
- Vitamin A: 4% of DV
- Vitamin C: 4% of DV
- Calcium: 10% of DV
- Iron: 20% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.