Picadillo is a traditional dish in many Latin American countries, often used as a filling for tostadas and tortillas or served over rice. In this Mexican Picadillo recipe, jalapeños, cumin and oregano add dimension to the ground beef and vegetables. Perfect for entertaining large groups too.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 small jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Tomato Bouillon
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
COOK beef, carrot, onion, bell pepper and jalapeños in large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes or until beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes and juice, bouillon, oregano and cumin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes. Serve hot with tostadas.