This Mexican Quiche takes all the best ingredients of a rich and creamy quiche and adds the essential elements of Mexican cooking: drop in Mexican cheese, diced green chiles and salsa prima.
- 1 (9-in.) unbaked frozen deep-dish pie shell, (4-cup volume)
- 1 cup 4 cheese Mexican blend
- 1 large green or red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can (4-oz.) ORTEGA Diced Green Chiles
- 2 large green onions, sliced
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup ORTEGA Salsa - Homestyle Recipe (Mild), mild
- 3/4 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
Garnish suggestions: ORTEGA® Salsa Prima-Homestyle Mild, sour cream, sliced green onions, diced tomatoes
PREHEAT oven to 375°F.
SPRINKLE cheese, bell pepper, chiles and green onions onto bottom of pie shell. Combine eggs, salsa and evaporated milk in small bowl until blended. Pour into pie shell.
BAKE for 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes. Garnish as desired.
NOTE: For a lower calorie version, substitute shredded light cheese and NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk.
Review This Recipe
Review for Mexican Quiche
this is a great recipe..i double it for my three teenagers, use hot salsa and a little more cheese adding a touch of garlic..awesome
Read More Reviews