Salsa, corn and ground beef team up to create a spicy and satisfying sauce in this Mexican Spaghetti recipe that is ready in less than 20 minutes. Great for an easy weeknight meal.
- 12 ounces extra-lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup bottled chunky salsa
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 ounces dried whole-wheat or regular spaghetti
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
COOK beef and onion in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until beef is no longer pink. Drain, if necessary. Stir in salsa, corn and water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened and bubbly.
PREPARE pasta according to package directions. Toss pasta with sauce. Sprinkle with cheese.
Review This Recipe
This was a very good meal. My husband and young boys both liked it. I used a little more ground beef than called for, and also a little more salsa. I did use mild salsa so that it wouldn't be too spicy for my children.
Read More Reviews