Salsa, corn and ground beef team up to create a spicy and satisfying sauce in this Mexican Spaghetti recipe that is ready in less than 20 minutes. Great for an easy weeknight meal.
- 12 ounces extra-lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup bottled chunky salsa
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 ounces dried whole-wheat or regular spaghetti
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
PREPARE pasta according to package directions. Toss pasta with sauce. Sprinkle with cheese.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
This is an excellent meal. I love this meal better than regular spaghetti.
We enjoyed this meal. This was quick and easy to make. I added a can of black beans to the sauce.
This was a very good meal. My husband and young boys both liked it. I used a little more ground beef than called for, and also a little more salsa. I did use mild salsa so that it wouldn't be too spicy for my children.
I made this last night and it was a hit. I would have preferred a bit more meat so I'll use more next time. I also added some cumin. I think it made a big difference. Great!
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 399
- Calories from Fat: 82
- Total Fat: 9g (14% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g (17% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 54mg (18% of DV)
- Sodium: 495mg (21% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 59g (20% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 1.5g (5% of DV)
- Sugars: 6g
- Protein: 25g
- Vitamin A: 6% of DV
- Vitamin C: 6% of DV
- Calcium: 3% of DV
- Iron: 18% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.