Cinnamon and oatmeal put a savory side on classic chocolate chip cookies. Raisins make them even more hearty -- and delicious!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg. Gradually beat in flour mixture and milk. Stir in morsels, oats and raisins. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE for 10 to 14 minutes or until edges are crisp but centers are still soft. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Review This Recipe
The perfect oatmeal cookie
My family loved these cookies. They were easy to make. And very moist! Insted of raisins I added chopped walnuts. I also used a mixture of real semi-sweet & white chocolate morsels together with milk chocolate morsels. Next time I make them I will put in fewer chocolate chips. Due to the fact that my husband isn't as big as a chocolate lover as I am. I plan on using this recipe many more times!
Read More Reviews