Cinnamon and oatmeal put a savory side on classic chocolate chip cookies. Raisins make them even more hearty -- and delicious!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg. Gradually beat in flour mixture and milk. Stir in morsels, oats and raisins. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE for 10 to 14 minutes or until edges are crisp but centers are still soft. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Review This Recipe
Great for the Kids
I made these the other day for something to do. If you like oatmeal in your cookie - these are good!! I do confess that I threw in 1/4 cup of cinnamon drop/morsels to cover the 11 ounces of chocolate chips. I thought it would go well with the oatmeal and they were (as I said early) GOOD! The kids really like them with milk and I highly recommend this recipe!!
Read More Reviews