Cinnamon and oatmeal put a savory side on classic chocolate chip cookies. Raisins make them even more hearty -- and delicious!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg. Gradually beat in flour mixture and milk. Stir in morsels, oats and raisins. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE for 10 to 14 minutes or until edges are crisp but centers are still soft. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Review This Recipe
These are really good
i don't usually like oatmeal cookies but, these are good. Just the right combination of crispy and chewy. I left out the chocolate and increased the cinnamon (we were on holiday chocolate overload) and it worked really well.
Read More Reviews