You'll enjoy the great flavors in these Mincemeat Crumb Bars. Try it for your next holiday party.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 jar (20 1/2 oz.) CROSSE & BLACKWELL Mincemeat, or mincemeat with rum and brandy
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 Tbs. orange juice
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
COMBINE flour, oats, brown sugar and baking soda in a large bowl. Stir in butter until crumb mixture forms. Reserve 2 cups crumb mixture. Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
BAKE for 12 minutes. While baking, combine mincemeat and orange peel. Spread mincemeat mixture over hot baked crust. Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over filling.
BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until top is golden. Cool in pan on wire rack.
COMBINE powdered sugar and vanilla extract in small bowl. Stir in enough orange juice to obtain drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cooled crumb bars.