Minestra Di Roso e Cannellini is a wonderful white bean, Italian ham and rice soup luxuriating in a tomato sauce with hints of rosemary. Garnish with chopped parsley and cheese before serving. Try this for entertaining and you'll impress your guests.
- 1/2 cup sliced pancetta, chopped or substitute with 1/2 cup chopped bacon
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 8 cups warm water
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) recipe-ready diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 MAGGI Vegetarian Vegetable Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) great Northern white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Arborio rice or other short-grain white rice, uncooked
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese
COOK pancetta in large saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until pancetta is lightly crisp. Stir in water, tomatoes and juice, bouillon and rosemary; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes.
STIR in beans, rice and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, for 25 to 30 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and cheese before serving.