Individual custard tarts served with fresh fruit are the essence of simplicity after a rich meal. Light and delicate yet flavorful these tarts make a lovely presentation dressed with fresh mint leaves.
- 6 prepared single-serving graham cracker crusts
- 1 pkg. (3 oz.) vanilla pudding and pie filling mix (not instant)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 pkg. sliced fresh fruit (optional)
- Mint leaves (optional)
COMBINE pudding mix and water in small saucepan. Add evaporated milk and lemon peel; stir until smooth. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
POUR into crusts; refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Top with fruit and mint leaves before serving.
VARIATION: For a Key Lime twist to this recipe, substitute 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice and 1 teaspoon grated lime peel for the grated lemon peel. Top with lime slice.
Review This Recipe
Great, These should make a great individual dessert for everyone. I am going to try them!
Read More Reviews