Mississippi Mud Pie is outrageously delicious! A chocolate crumb crust layered with a rich chocolate sauce, crunchy nuts and creamy coffee ice cream. This is a dessert to remember.
- 1 prepared 9-inch (6 oz.) chocolate crumb crust
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, cut up
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts, divided (optional)
- 2 pints coffee ice cream, softened slightly, divided
- Whipped cream (optional)
HEAT sugar, morsels, butter, cream and corn syrup in small, heavy-duty saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until butter is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract. Cool until slightly warm.
DRIZZLE 1/3 cup chocolate mixture in bottom of crust; sprinkle with 1/4 cup nuts. Layer 1 pint ice cream, scooping thin slices with a large spoon; freeze for 1 hour. Repeat with 1/3 cup chocolate mixture, 1/4 cup nuts and remaining ice cream. Drizzle with remaining chocolate mixture; top with remaining nuts. Freeze for 2 hours or until firm. Top with whipped cream before serving.
Review This Recipe
I made this for my family and they loved it. The coffee ice-cream was a great choice.
Read More Reviews