This old-fashioned Mocha Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce has a hint of coffee and chocolate. It makes a great finale for a special entertaining occasion or a brunch.
- 9 cups French bread cubes
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- 1 tablespoon NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease a 2-quart casserole or baking dish.
PLACE bread cubes in prepared baking dish. Combine sugar, cocoa and coffee granules in a small bowl.
BEAT eggs, 2-2/3 cups evaporated milk and vanilla extract in a medium bowl until well blended; stir in sugar mixture. Pour over bread, pressing bread into milk mixture.
BAKE for 50 to 55 minutes or until set.
COMBINE brown sugar, butter and corn syrup in a small heavy-duty saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Slowly stir in remaining evaporated milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Serve with warm bread pudding.
Review This Recipe
Mocha Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce
Yummy!! My family just loved this sweet concoction. I gave each piece a dollop of whipped cream, and it was just perfect after dinner. I will be making this recipe again.
Read More Reviews