Amy Tong created this unique recipe for the Nestlé Kitchens Holiday Cookie Contest. Adding Nescafé Tasters Choice accentuates the malty cocoa flavor creating a delightful twist to the traditional shortbread cookie.
For all top ten finalists in the cookie contest head to the Nestlé Kitchens blog.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- 1/4 cup OVALTINE Classic Malt Mix
- 3 tablespoons NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or use a silicone non-stick mat.
SIFT flour, baking cocoa, Ovaltine, coffee granules and salt into large bowl; stir well.
BEAT butter, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Turn mixer to low; gradually beat in flour mixture, scraping down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
ROLL 2 tablespoons of dough between the palms of your hand to form a ball. Place on prepared baking sheet; repeat with remaining dough, spacing two inches apart on baking sheets. Using a dinner fork, press tines into dough.
BAKE for 12 to 15 minutes or until just firm to the touch. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; transfer to wire racks to cool completely.