The natural sweetness of sweet potatoes is taken to new heights in this simple yet sophisticated Mocha Sweet Potatoes Casserole with Toasted Pecans. Brown sugar, rich coffee and dark rum blend together for an unforgettable taste experience that goes great with game or poultry.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules, dissolved in 1/2 cup hot water
- 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
COMBINE coffee, potatoes, sugar, butter, cinnamon and 1/4 cup nuts in medium bowl; mix well. Season with salt and ground black pepper. Transfer to prepared baking dish; sprinkle with remaining nuts.
BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until hot.
Review This Recipe
Great side dish!
I made this recipe the first time for my Thanksgiving dinner. Out of all of the food I made this was the one dish that had zero leftovers! Simple - yet delicious.
Read More Reviews