The natural sweetness of sweet potatoes is taken to new heights in this simple yet sophisticated Mocha Sweet Potatoes Casserole with Toasted Pecans. Brown sugar, rich coffee and dark rum blend together for an unforgettable taste experience that goes great with game or poultry.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules, dissolved in 1/2 cup hot water
- 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
COMBINE coffee, potatoes, sugar, butter, cinnamon and 1/4 cup nuts in medium bowl; mix well. Season with salt and ground black pepper. Transfer to prepared baking dish; sprinkle with remaining nuts.
BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until hot.
Review This Recipe
This was a great side dish! I made this for an everyday dinner, but would not hesitate to make it for Thanksgiving! I didn't use the rum, since I didn't have any, and it was still delicious. Also, to make things easier, I microwaved the potatoes instead of boiling them and then mashed them! I don't even care for sweet potatoes, but I liked this dish!
Read More Reviews