Perfect for any night of the week, this Moroccan-inspired dish features a flavor-rich combination of quinoa, cilantro, pine nuts and dried fruit. Serve as a side dish or add cooked meat or fish for a meal all its own.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Apple NESTLÉ® JUICY JUICE® 100% Juice
- 1 cup ivory quinoa, rinsed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 cup currants or chopped dried cherries or cranberries
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Ground black pepper
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
STIR in water, Juicy Juice, quinoa, bouillon and cumin. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; cook for 15 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed.
REMOVE from heat; stir in currants. Cover; let stand for 5 minutes. Add cilantro and pine nuts; fluff with fork and serve. Season with pepper.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
This is a wonderful recipe, I substituted sauteed chopped almonds for the pine nuts and used regular apple juice, incredible recipe.
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 200
- Calories from Fat: 70
- Total Fat: 8g (12% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 1g (4% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 0mg (0% of DV)
- Sodium: 260mg (11% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 28g (9% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (9% of DV)
- Sugars: 5g
- Protein: 5g
- Vitamin A: 4% of DV
- Vitamin C: 20% of DV
- Calcium: 2% of DV
- Iron: 20% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.