Perfect for any night of the week, this Moroccan-inspired dish features a flavor-rich combination of quinoa, cilantro, pine nuts and dried fruit. Serve as a side dish or add cooked meat or fish for a meal all its own.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Apple NESTLÉ® JUICY JUICE® 100% Juice
- 1 cup ivory quinoa, rinsed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 cup currants or chopped dried cherries or cranberries
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Ground black pepper
HEAT oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
STIR in water, Juicy Juice, quinoa, bouillon and cumin. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; cook for 15 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed.
REMOVE from heat; stir in currants. Cover; let stand for 5 minutes. Add cilantro and pine nuts; fluff with fork and serve. Season with pepper.
Review This Recipe
This is a wonderful recipe, I substituted sauteed chopped almonds for the pine nuts and used regular apple juice, incredible recipe.
Read More Reviews