Mushroom Quiche with Quinoa Crust
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup red or ivory quinoa, pulsed in blender until close to flour consistency
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms (mixture of oyster, white button and/or baby brown bella cremini)
- 2 medium shallots, finely chopped (1/2 to 3/4 cup total)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cans (12 fluid ounces each) NESTLÉ CARNATION Evaporated Fat Free or Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Gruyère cheese
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE quinoa, butter, water and baking powder in medium bowl; stir well. Press firmly into bottom of prepared pan.
BAKE for 15 minutes.
HEAT oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until they begin to soften. Reduce heat to medium; stir in shallots and thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Season with salt and pepper.
WHISK eggs in large bowl; gradually whisk in evaporated milk. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle half of the cheese over the crust. Top with mushroom mixture, egg mixture and remaining cheese.
BAKE for 65 to 70 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before serving. To serve, carefully loosen and lift side of springform pan. Gently peel away paper. Cut into wedges.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/12 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 240
- Calories from Fat: 100
- Total Fat: 11g (17% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 5g (25% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 125mg (42% of DV)
- Sodium: 220mg (9% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 22g (7% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (7% of DV)
- Sugars: 9g
- Protein: 14g
- Vitamin A: 10% of DV
- Vitamin C: 2% of DV
- Calcium: 30% of DV
- Iron: 10% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.