Warm up this winter with a fiesta-inspired Nacho-Style Soup. This is sure to satisfy on a chilly day. Top or stir in sliced green onions, shredded cheese, zesty salsa or tortilla chips for a flavorful twist.
- 2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups (8-oz. pkg.) shredded 2% cheddar cheese
- Toppings: sliced green onions, additional shredded cheddar cheese, salsa and/or tortilla chips (optional)
COMBINE evaporated milk, broth and flour in medium saucepan over medium- high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes. Stir in cayenne pepper and cheese, 1/2 cup at a time, allowing each addition to be melted before adding more cheese. Remove from heat. Serve with desired toppings.
Review This Recipe
This recipe is fairly easy to make. I did reduce the shredded cheese by 1/2 cup, because I thought it was a little too cheesy, but delicious none the less.
Read More Reviews