Warm up this winter with a fiesta-inspired Nacho-Style Soup. This is sure to satisfy on a chilly day. Top or stir in sliced green onions, shredded cheese, zesty salsa or tortilla chips for a flavorful twist.
- 2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups (8-oz. pkg.) shredded 2% cheddar cheese
- Toppings: sliced green onions, additional shredded cheddar cheese, salsa and/or tortilla chips (optional)
COMBINE evaporated milk, broth and flour in medium saucepan over medium- high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes. Stir in cayenne pepper and cheese, 1/2 cup at a time, allowing each addition to be melted before adding more cheese. Remove from heat. Serve with desired toppings.
Review This Recipe
Looks Easy Enough for my College-aged Son!
I'm always looking for something easy for my away at college son and since he loves Nacho flavored chips this would be an excellent addition to his budding cooking skills! I'm sure to try this myself at home so that we can both compare results.
Read More Reviews