Warm up this winter with a fiesta-inspired Nacho-Style Soup. This is sure to satisfy on a chilly day. Top or stir in sliced green onions, shredded cheese, zesty salsa or tortilla chips for a flavorful twist.
- 2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups (8-oz. pkg.) shredded 2% cheddar cheese
- Toppings: sliced green onions, additional shredded cheddar cheese, salsa and/or tortilla chips (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
This recipe is fairly easy to make. I did reduce the shredded cheese by 1/2 cup, because I thought it was a little too cheesy, but delicious none the less.
This is very easy to make and very tasty! It is also very cheesy, so if you are a cheese lover like me, you will love this recipe
Looks Easy Enough for my College-aged Son!
I'm always looking for something easy for my away at college son and since he loves Nacho flavored chips this would be an excellent addition to his budding cooking skills! I'm sure to try this myself at home so that we can both compare results.
sounds easy - however bland. If you want to make it more like nacho - I added salsa to the soup to give it more flavor
It was good...
It was good but it just reminded me of the sauce on Macaroni and Cheese. We put green onions and cheddar cheese on top and it did improve it because the onions gave it some crunch. I would add a little more cayenne pepper since we couldn't really taste it.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 340
- Calories from Fat: 140
- Total Fat: 15g (23% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 10g (50% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 70mg (23% of DV)
- Sodium: 800mg (33% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 26g (9% of DV)
- Sugars: 18g
- Protein: 27g
- Vitamin A: 25% of DV
- Calcium: 130% of DV
- Iron: 2% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.