Nescafé-Date Scones are a great addition to any brunch or breakfast gathering. You'll like the sugar topping combined with the date texture. Serve warm.
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk, warmed
- 1 tablespoon NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, chilled and cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped dried dates
- 1 tablespoon raw or granulated sugar
PREHEAT oven to 425° F. Lightly grease large baking sheet.
COMBINE evaporated milk and coffee granules in small bowl; stir until coffee is dissolved. Combine flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in coffee mixture, dates and vanilla extract until mixture forms soft dough.
KNEAD 5 to 7 times on lightly floured surface. Gently pat or roll to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter; place on prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar over tops.
BAKE for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
Review This Recipe
My family thoroughly enjoys scones and this recipe was a big hit. My husband doesn't even like or drink coffee and he likes this recipe. For a change I've tried different fruits, not adding the coffee and using vanilla paste and each time the result was wonderful. The base recipe is great and easy to change for a variety.
Read More Reviews