Try this fun Easter recipe for NestEgg-Filled Cookies that provides a delicious variation to traditional Easter egg hunts. Want a hint? Look inside the cookie!
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 24 NESTLÉ BUTTERFINGER or CRUNCH NestEggs
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
BEAT butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels.
SCOOP dough by rounded tablespoon; flatten dough slightly and top with one NestEgg. With your fingers, gently wrap dough around NestEgg and roll into a ball. Repeat with remaining dough and NestEggs, placing 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
BAKE for 13 to 15 minutes or until golden. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.