NestEgg Macaroons are adorable and delicious springtime treats.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 medium orange, peel grated
- 5 cups sweetened flaked coconut, divided
- 25 to 30 NESTLÉ CRUNCH or BUTTERFINGER NestEggs, unwrapped
COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
BEAT sugar, butter and cream cheese in medium mixer bowl until creamy. Add egg yolk, vanilla extract, orange juice and grated orange peel; beat well. Add flour mixture; beat until well combined. Stir in 4 cups coconut. Cover; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm enough to handle.
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
SHAPE dough into 1 1/2-inch balls; roll balls in remaining coconut. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven; immediately press 1 Nestlé NestEgg on top of each macaroon. Cool for 1 minute; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Review This Recipe
Nest Egg Macaroons
A very good cookie, however if it is not around the Easter season, there are no Nestles Butterfinger Eggs, I put melted morsels in the center of each one.
Read More Reviews