NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Chicken Mole is inspired by the flavorful Mexican classic. Mole is a vibrant sauce with many regional variations. In this recipe you'll discover amazing flavor combinations that will delight guests and family members alike. Serve with warm corn tortillas or hot cooked rice.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted peanuts
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 bar (4 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Baking Bar, finely chopped
- 1 dried ancho chile, cut in half widthwise
- 1 dried pasilla chile, cut in half widthwise
- 1 tablespoon chopped canned chipotle chiles with adobo sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (optional)
- Additional chicken stock or broth
- 5 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and shredded (about 6 cups)
- Additional sesame seeds
- Warm corn tortillas and/or hot cooked rice
HEAT oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrots, celery, onion, peanuts, garlic and sesame seeds; cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are golden brown. Add vinegar, stir quickly to deglaze skillet. Add chicken stock, chocolate, chiles, cumin and black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is reduced slightly, about 20 minutes. Remove chile halves; discard. Carefully transfer mixture to blender container; cover. Blend until smooth. Makes about 2 cups. Mole sauce may be refrigerated for up to 7 days or frozen for later use.
HEAT mole sauce in saucepan over medium heat. Additional chicken stock may be needed to dilute sauce to desired consistency. Typically, mole should just coat the back of a spoon. Add shredded chicken. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook until chicken is heated through. Season to taste.
SPRINKLE with sesame seeds. Serve with warm corn tortillas and/or hot cooked rice.
Review This Recipe
Nestle Chocolatier Chicken Mole
Very good, was easy to make!! Mole is one of our family favorites and this was just as good!!