The perfect truffle for the chocolate chip cookie lover! These sweet treats have a crushed chocolate chip cookie center, then they are dipped in melted semi-sweet chocolate and dusted with cocoa. These chocolate chip cookie truffles will both surprise and delight. The key to making these truffles is to bake the cookies a little longer than the package states so they are crisp but not burnt.
- 1 pkg. (16.5 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Dough
- 1 pkg. (3 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 1 tablespoon NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa, for dusting (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 350º F.
PREPARE cookies following package directions; however, bake for 14 to 18 minutes until crisp and golden brown but not burnt. (Crisp cookies will make it easier to grind the cookies later.) Let cookies cool completely on wire racks.
LINE baking sheet with wax paper.
CRUMBLE cookies into food processor container; cover. Process until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add cream cheese; process until mixture begins to hold together. Mixture will be dark in color. (If smaller food processor is being used, half the cookies and half the cream cheese can be processed. Transfer mixture to medium bowl and then repeat with remaining cookies and cream cheese.)
ROLL or scoop mixture into 1-inch balls and place on prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
MICROWAVE morsels and vegetable shortening in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
DIP balls completely into melted chocolate with fork. Use side of bowl or shake gently to remove excess chocolate. Return to baking sheet; dust truffles with cocoa. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.
• If you do not have a food processor, the cooled, crisp cookies can be finely chopped with a knife, placed in bowl and then mixed with cream cheese. This will result in a less ground cookie truffle.
• To dust the truffles, place cocoa in a small, fine mesh strainer and tap over the dipped truffles.
Review This Recipe
These turned out great! Fairly time-consuming but definately worth it.
These tasted great! They were super easy to make. I didn't have a food processor, but it wasn't hard without one.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Truffles
These truffles were fabulous. They were sooooooo good and very easy to make. I will definitely make them again!
These are delicious and easy. The center is soft and tastes just like chocolate cookie dough!
These truffles are a unique snack and have a wonderful flavor! I made them for a party snack and everyone was shocked to know just how easy they were to make.