NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Chicken Mole
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Chicken Mole is inspired by the flavorful Mexican classic. Mole is a vibrant sauce with many regional variations. In this recipe you'll discover amazing flavor combinations that will delight guests and family members alike. Serve with warm corn tortillas or hot cooked rice.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted peanuts
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 bar (4 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Baking Bar, finely chopped
- 1 dried ancho chile, cut in half widthwise
- 1 dried pasilla chile, cut in half widthwise
- 1 tablespoon chopped canned chipotle chiles with adobo sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (optional)
- Additional chicken stock or broth
- 5 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and shredded (about 6 cups)
- Additional sesame seeds
- Warm corn tortillas and/or hot cooked rice
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
HEAT mole sauce in saucepan over medium heat. Additional chicken stock may be needed to dilute sauce to desired consistency. Typically, mole should just coat the back of a spoon. Add shredded chicken. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook until chicken is heated through. Season to taste.
SPRINKLE with sesame seeds. Serve with warm corn tortillas and/or hot cooked rice.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Nestle Chocolatier Chicken Mole
Very good, was easy to make!! Mole is one of our family favorites and this was just as good!!
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 450
- Calories from Fat: 160
- Total Fat: 18g (28% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 5g (27% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 90mg (31% of DV)
- Sodium: 250mg (10% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 31g (10% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 5g (19% of DV)
- Sugars: 12g
- Protein: 39g
- Vitamin A: 100% of DV
- Vitamin C: 8% of DV
- Calcium: 8% of DV
- Iron: 25% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.