New Year Dumpling Delight
This New Year Dumpling Delight recipe makes a tremendously delicious dish. The tasty filling can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator or freezer. Serve with Sweet Chili-Garlic Dipping Sauce. This recipe is a great activity to do with family and friends. Recipe compliments of cookbook author Ying Chang Compestine.
- 1/2 lb. lean ground pork or beef
- 2 tablespoons MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 large Napa cabbage leaves
- 4 fresh shiitake or oyster mushrooms (stems removed and finely chopped)
- 1 cup finely chopped leeks (white parts only)
- 1 tablespoon peeled, finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon cooking rice wine or cooking sherry
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black or white pepper
- 40 round (gyoza) dumpling wrappers or square wonton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- Sweet Chili-Garlic Dipping Sauce (see recipe on web site)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
REMOVE stems from cabbage leaves; discard stems. Finely chop cabbage leaves and mix into pork mixture. Stir mushrooms, leeks, ginger, rice wine, sweet chili sauce and pepper into pork mixture.
PLACE one dumpling wrapper on work surface. Lightly brush edges with cold water. Spoon about 1 1/2 teaspoons pork mixture into center of wrapper; fold wrapper in half and pinch edges to seal. Place on floured plate. Repeat with remaining wrappers and pork mixture. Cover wrappers and finished dumplings with moist paper towels to prevent drying.
COMBINE 1 tablespoon canola oil with 1/4 cup water in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place half of the dumplings closely together in one layer in skillet; cover. Cook, without disturbing, for 5 to 6 minutes or until dumplings puff up and are slightly browned on the bottom. Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon canola oil, remaining 1/4 cup water and dumplings. Serve immediately with Sweet Chili-Garlic Dipping Sauce.
To make ahead: Make the filling ahead of time. It will keep in the refrigerator for 2 days or in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
New Year Dumpling
OMG these were soooooooooo good. My husband just loved them. they were very easy to make. I changed the way of folding them only because I used the bigger square wonton wraps and I used a pre bottled sweet chilli dipping sauces which had a little kick to it and just made the dumpling that more delicious. Thank you
Serving Size: 1/40 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 60
- Calories from Fat: 25
- Total Fat: 2.5g (4% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g (3% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 5mg (2% of DV)
- Sodium: 260mg (11% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 6g (2% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 0g (0% of DV)
- Sugars: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Vitamin A: 2% of DV
- Vitamin C: 4% of DV
- Calcium: 0% of DV
- Iron: 2% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.