No Mess Summer Fish Packets with Pesto
No Mess Summer Fish Packets with Pesto take advantage of seasonal produce combined with tasty fish fillets. With little prep and limited post-party clean-up, this healthy dish can be baked or grilled – perfect for summer entertaining and is easy-to-make.
- Heavy-duty foil
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Grated peel and juice from 1 lemon
- 1 container BUITONI Refrigerated All Natural Pesto with Basil or All Natural Reduced Fat Pesto with Basil
- 1 bunch thin asparagus spears, trimmed into 2-inch pieces (about 2 1/2 cups total)
- 1 large yellow squash or zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, then sliced horizontally into 1/4-inch half-moons (about 1 1/2 cups total)
- 5 (4 to 5 ounces each) about 1-inch-thick white fish fillets (such as wild halibut, red snapper, orange roughy or talapia)
- Course salt and ground black pepper
- 1 basket cherry tomatoes, halved (about 1 1/4 cups total)
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
ARRANGE five 12 x 13-inch pieces of foil on work surface; coat lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Stir lemon peel into pesto. Divide asparagus and squash evenly down center of each foil sheet; spoon 1 tablespoon pesto mixture over vegetables. Place one fish fillet over pesto vegetables; sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Spread each fish fillet with 1 tablespoon pesto mixture.
TOP each fish fillet evenly with tomato halves and green onion. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Bring up foil sides; double fold top and ends to seal each packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Place on 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan or rimmed baking sheet.
BAKE for 20 minutes or until fish is just opaque in center and vegetables are crisp-tender. Carefully open packets, allowing steam to escape away from you and let cool briefly. Using a spatula, gently push the fish and vegetables onto plate.
Cook's Tip: Fish Packets are also great on the grill! Preheat grill to medium. Place packets on grill; cover and cook over indirect heat for 20 minutes or until fish is opaque in center and vegetables are crisp tender. Remove from grill and open carefully.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
This was an amazing dinner! Easy to fix, and so tasty! Definitely an option for repeats!
Serving Size: 1/5 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 360
- Calories from Fat: 210
- Total Fat: 24g (36% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 4.5g (21% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 80mg (26% of DV)
- Sodium: 370mg (15% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 9g (3% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (12% of DV)
- Sugars: 6g
- Protein: 28g
- Vitamin A: 25% of DV
- Vitamin C: 45% of DV
- Calcium: 20% of DV
- Iron: 15% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.