Nutrient-Packed “Double Milk”
Carnation® Nonfat Dry Milk is the perfect way to add protein and calcium to fluid milk without adding volume. It is a great source of essential nutrients to those in need of an extra boost.
• Excellent Source/ High In: Calcium (45% VS 30% for 2% milk)
• Contains 13g protein VS 8g for 2% milk
• NFDM adds nutrient density (about 50% more nutrients) without adding extra fat or cholesterol. For individuals in need of extra calories and nutrients (people with cancer or decreased appetite) this “double milk” can provide extra nutrition.
- 1 cup lowfat 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons dry NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Instant Nonfat Dry Milk
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
• Recipe may be scaled up and kept in the refrigerator. Shake well before using.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/1 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 170
- Calories from Fat: 45
- Total Fat: 5g (8% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 3g (15% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 20mg (7% of DV)
- Sodium: 170mg (7% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 18g (6% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 0g (0% of DV)
- Sugars: 18g
- Protein: 13g
- Vitamin A: 15% of DV
- Vitamin C: 2% of DV
- Calcium: 45% of DV
- Iron: 0% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.