Try this delicious and light Oat-Date Bars recipe during the holidays or any time of year. Your family and friends will love them.
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) chopped dates
- 3/4 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1 tablespoon SPLENDA® Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup packed SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
PREHEAT oven to 400° F. Grease 8-inch-square baking dish.
COMBINE dates, evaporated milk, SPLENDA® Sugar Blend for Baking and vanilla extract in medium saucepan. Cook, over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat.
BEAT butter and SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in flour, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. With floured fingers, press half of crust mixture onto bottom of prepared baking pan. Spread date filling over crust. Top with remaining crust.
BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Serve warm. Cut into bars.
Review This Recipe
I had many dates that needed to be used up and searched for a recipe. This one fit the bill. I was happy with the way they turned out, even though I used regular sugar instead of Spenda.
Read More Reviews