Too much leftover holiday candy? No problem. Made with chopped candy bars, these easy-to-make Oatmeal Crunch Cookies offer a deliciously unique way to enjoy some of your favorite chocolate bars.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons whole-wheat or all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 8 Fun Size NESTLÉ CRUNCH Candy Bars, coarsely chopped (about 3/4 cup total)
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg; gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in oats and chopped candy bars. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE for 9 to 12 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
NOTE: 2 (1.55 ounces each) NESTLÉ CRUNCH Candy Bars may be used in place of Fun Size bars.