The flavors from South-of-the-Border come together in this great One-Dish Fiesta Casserole. Succulent chicken, creamy rice and zesty veggies are the main attractions. It’s a well-rounded meal that’s perfect for that next potluck party. Right before serving, top with a dollop of sour cream and colorful avocado slices for a little extra festive flair.
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1/2 cup mild, medium or hot salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bag (14 to 16 oz.) frozen Southwest-style vegetable blend: broccoli, corn, black beans and red peppers, thawed
- 2 cups cooked turkey or chicken (about 10 oz.), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked instant white rice
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
COMBINE evaporated milk and condensed soup in baking dish with wire whisk until smooth. Add salsa and black pepper; mix well. Add vegetables, turkey and rice; mix well. Cover dish tightly with foil.
BAKE for 35 minutes. Uncover; top with cheese. Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
COMBINE sour cream with water in small bowl. Drizzle over casserole. Top with avocado slices just prior to serving.
• To keep avocado slices from browning, squeeze fresh lime juice over slices.
Review This Recipe
Excellent recipe that passed the picky eater test. Very easy to make with great taste, texture and appearence. Some jalepeno cornbread goes great with this too.
Read More Reviews