The flavors from South-of-the-Border come together in this great One-Dish Fiesta Casserole. Succulent chicken, creamy rice and zesty veggies are the main attractions. It’s a well-rounded meal that’s perfect for that next potluck party. Right before serving, top with a dollop of sour cream and colorful avocado slices for a little extra festive flair.
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1/2 cup mild, medium or hot salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bag (14 to 16 oz.) frozen Southwest-style vegetable blend: broccoli, corn, black beans and red peppers, thawed
- 2 cups cooked turkey or chicken (about 10 oz.), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked instant white rice
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
COMBINE evaporated milk and condensed soup in baking dish with wire whisk until smooth. Add salsa and black pepper; mix well. Add vegetables, turkey and rice; mix well. Cover dish tightly with foil.
BAKE for 35 minutes. Uncover; top with cheese. Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
COMBINE sour cream with water in small bowl. Drizzle over casserole. Top with avocado slices just prior to serving.
• To keep avocado slices from browning, squeeze fresh lime juice over slices.
Review This Recipe
One-Dish Fiesta Casserole
I made this for my husband and I. He doesn't care for rice, but really liked this. Next time I will make it in 2 dishes and freeze half. Very good !!!
Read More Reviews