If you love the taste of chocolate and orange together, then you will love these Orange & Feta Fudgy Brownies!! Add more orange liqueur and orange zest to this for extra flavor. The feta cheese makes for a delicious, savory, fudgy brownie.
- 1 2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels, broken into small pieces
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 to 2 tablespoons orange liqueur (such as Cointreau or Grand Marnier)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup crumbled, traditional feta cheese
- 1 to 2 teaspoons orange zest
PREHEAT oven to 325º F. Grease 8-inch-square baking pan.
HEAT chocolate, sugar, butter and water in small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate and butter are just melted. Remove from heat. Stir in eggs, one at a time, until mixed in. Stir in liqueur. Add flour and salt; stir well. Stir in cheese and orange zest. Pour into prepared baking pan.
BAKE for 35 to 40 minutes until wooden pick inserted in center comes out still slightly sticky. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Review This Recipe
Feta? Who Knew?
When I first saw this receipt, I was intrigued! My family are "brownie monsters" and will eat them in any form. This receipt is unique in that it contains Feta Cheese. The end result is moist, ymmy good, and very fragrant (the orange). Easy to make and now one of our favorites!
Read More Reviews