Orange-Stuffed French Toast
Orange-Stuffed French Toast is an elegant twist on the classic recipe. The ricotta cheese and orange marmalade layer adds tremendous flavor dimensions. Perfect for brunch!
- 2/3 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 12 slices (about 3/4-inch-thick) firm, day-old French bread
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Fat Free French Vanilla Flavor NESTLÉ COFFEE-MATE Liquid Coffee Creamer
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- maple syrup, warmed (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
BEAT eggs in shallow pan or pie plate; whisk in Coffee-mate, orange juice, flour and salt. Working 1 at a time, dip the sandwich in the egg mixture, letting it sit about 15 seconds per side. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining sandwiches.
HEAT large skillet over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Swirl half of the butter into hot skillet. Add half of the sandwiches; cook on each side for about 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining butter and sandwiches. Serve with maple syrup.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.