Ready in less than an hour, these Ovaltine Banana Muffins are packed with rich chocolate flavors that will have family and friends asking for more. Dust with powdered sugar before serving for extra accent.
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed well (about 1 1/2 cups total)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup OVALTINE Rich Chocolate Mix
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Line 16 muffin cups with liners.
COMBINE whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
COMBINE bananas, granulated sugar, Ovaltine, butter, yogurt, eggs and vanilla extract in large bowl; stir well. Stir in flour mixture just until moistened. Divide evenly between prepared muffin cups, filling half full.
BAKE for 18 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes; transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container for up to 3 days. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.