Ovaltine Chocolate Sauce
Julee is the perky, quirky, dorky author of the blog, Mommy's Memorandum. She has an appetite to taste the world, meet its desserts, and tell their stories. Julee is also a writer whose work has appeared in The LA Times and Disney's Family Fun Magazine.
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 cup OVALTINE Rich Chocolate Mix, Chocolate Malt Mix or Classic Malt Mix
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk, divided
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
Mix in the Ovaltine and flour.
Add 1 cup of the milk and stir to keep lumps from forming.
Slowly add the remaining 1 cup milk, stirring constantly so the mixture scorches.
Serve warm on top of hot buttered biscuits, pancakes or waffles.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/20 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 60
- Calories from Fat: 30
- Total Fat: 3g (5% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 2g (10% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 10mg (3% of DV)
- Sodium: 55mg (2% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 6g (2% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 0g (0% of DV)
- Sugars: 5g
- Protein: 1g
- Vitamin A: 4% of DV
- Vitamin C: 4% of DV
- Calcium: 4% of DV
- Iron: 4% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.