These grilled Ovaltine Panini sandwiches are amazingly simple to make and ready in less than 15 minutes. Perfect for a special lunch or brunch treat. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving warm.
- 1/4 cup OVALTINE Rich Chocolate Mix
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 6 slices whole-wheat or multigrain bread
- 1 banana, sliced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Powdered sugar (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE Ovaltine and cream cheese in a small bowl and stir until smooth. Spread Ovaltine mixture over three slices of bread. Top the Ovaltine mixture with a single layer of sliced bananas. Close the sandwiches and brush melted butter over the tops. (If using a grill pan or skillet, brush bottoms of sandwiches with butter, too.)
GRILL sandwiches for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through and the bread is toasted. (For a grill pan, flip the sandwiches over and continue grilling until golden brown.) Sprinkle with powdered sugar; serve immediately.
*Cream cheese can be placed in microwave-safe bowl and heated for 15 seconds to soften. As well, peanut butter can be used in place of cream cheese.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/3 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 400
- Calories from Fat: 210
- Total Fat: 23g (36% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 13g (67% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 60mg (20% of DV)
- Sodium: 520mg (21% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 42g (14% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 5g (20% of DV)
- Sugars: 23g
- Protein: 9g
- Vitamin A: 15% of DV
- Vitamin C: 10% of DV
- Calcium: 6% of DV
- Iron: 20% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.