Succulent chicken, seasoned with Caribbean spices, and oven-glazed with an exotic sweet rum-coffee glaze. Worth the effort!
- 2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar blend (such as SPLENDA)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 (about 1 1/4 pounds total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
COMBINE sugar blend, ketchup, rum, lime juice, butter, ginger, coffee granules and allspice in small saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil; stir until coffee and sugar blend are dissolved. Remove from heat; set aside.
TRIM chicken of any visible fat. With sharp knife, make two diagonal slits about 1/2-inch deep on the top side of each breast.
COMBINE garlic, oil, salt and pepper in small bowl. Rub mixture all over chicken. Arrange chicken slit-side-up on rack in shallow baking pan. Brush chicken with glaze; reserve remaining glaze. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
BROIL chicken for 5 minutes. Turn chicken over; coat with reserved glaze. Broil for an additional 4 to 5 minutes. Turn chicken over again; coat with glaze. Broil for an additional 2 minutes or until tops are sizzling and brown.
Review This Recipe
I thought it a very different flavor. The sauce is strong before you bake it on the chicken, but my whole family loved it. Very good
Read More Reviews