Oven Irish Stew
A traditional favorite, this festive Oven Irish Stew combines a medley of vegetables and seasonings with a hint of Irish lager – creating an explosion of flavor you can't resist.
- 3 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 pounds lean beef or lamb stew meat
- 4 to 6 carrots, peeled and sliced or 2 cups peeled baby carrots
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 3/4 cup Irish lager or beer
- 2 teaspoons MAGGI Instant Beef Flavor Bouillon or 2 MAGGI Beef Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried marjoram and thyme leaves, rubbed between fingers to release flavor
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE soy sauce and flour in large, oven-proof casserole dish or Dutch oven. Add beef or lamb; stir to coat. Stir in carrots, onion, celery, beer, bouillon, marjoram and thyme. Cover.
BAKE, stirring occasionally and checking for doneness near end of cook time, for 2 hours. If broth becomes too thick, add more beer, about ½ cup at a time. Alternatively, if stew is too thin, remove cover during last half hour. Stir in parsley before serving.
Cooks Tip: Stew can be prepared on stove-top or in crock-pot. For stove-top, cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 2 hours. For crock-pot, cook on high, stirring occasionally, for 4 hours.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 360
- Calories from Fat: 100
- Total Fat: 11g (17% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 4g (20% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 105mg (35% of DV)
- Sodium: 1010mg (42% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 18g (6% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (14% of DV)
- Sugars: 7g
- Protein: 49g
- Vitamin A: 160% of DV
- Vitamin C: 30% of DV
- Calcium: 6% of DV
- Iron: 25% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.