Pacific Rim Wraps with Creamy Citrus Ginger Dressing
Pacific Rim Wraps with Creamy Citrus Ginger Dressing are perfect for a meal on the go. Everyone is sure to love the crunchy and tart filling tossed with an Asian-inspired creamy citrus ginger dressing.
- 2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pkg. (6.5 oz.) or 4 cups washed salad greens
- 3 cups shredded, cooked chicken (about 2 to 3 boneless chicken breast halves)
- 1 cup matchstick or shredded carrots
- 1 cup fresh sugar snap pea pods, cut in half
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds (optional)
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
PLACE evaporated milk, lemon juice, oil, sugar, ginger, salt and black pepper in small jar or resealable container; cover with lid. Shake well until blended. Makes 1 cup.
COMBINE salad greens, chicken, carrots, sugar snap peas, dried cranberries and almonds in large bowl. Add 2/3 cup dressing; toss until evenly coated.
PLACE 1 cup salad mixture on each tortilla. Roll up tightly. Cut in half and serve along with remaining dressing, if desired. Or, wrap each in wax paper, foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate to eat later.
• Dressing can be made a day ahead and refrigerated. Shake well before using.
• Use pre-cooked grilled chicken strips to save time.
• Look for pre-packaged matchstick carrots in your local store’s produce section.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
The Pacific rim wrap is a great light refreshing summer meal.
You gotta try this!
Quick and easy and very tasty. Even the picky ones loved it. Only changes I made were alfalfa and bean sprouts for the snap peas and I added some orange bits (no snaps in the cupboard, but we had a lot of oranges). Next time, I'll try flatbread for the wraps.
These wraps are a quick tasty lunch. Even my husband likes them. The dressing is also good on just a plain salad without the tortilla. I'll make them again for sure.
Delicious one platter dinner
I made a platter full Sunday afternoon, sealed them tightly refrigerated for several hours and they were the star of our potluck get together! Rather than e-mail everyone the recipe, I sent them to NESTLE VeryBestBaking.com :)
Both my husband and I enjoyed these wraps.I used fresh grated ginger which gave it a lite refreshing taste.Definately will make again.I like to try unusual and different recipes
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 350
- Calories from Fat: 110
- Total Fat: 12g (18% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 3g (15% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 30mg (10% of DV)
- Sodium: 560mg (23% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 47g (16% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 4g (16% of DV)
- Sugars: 16g
- Protein: 15g
- Vitamin A: 90% of DV
- Vitamin C: 20% of DV
- Calcium: 8% of DV
- Iron: 15% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.