The creamy nutty sauce flavored with almonds, tomatillos and cilantro is perfect over salmon.
- 1/3 cup raw almonds
- 1/3 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 2 medium tomatillos, husked, rinsed and chopped
- 3 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons raw pepitas, plus extra for garnish
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 6 (4 to 6 ounces each) skin-on salmon filets (1 1/4 inches thick)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
COMBINE almonds, evaporated milk, tomatillos, cilantro, pepitas, garlic and bouillon in a food processor; cover. Process for 30 seconds or until combined.
SEASON salmon filets lightly with salt and pepper.
HEAT oil in large skillet over medium heat. Place salmon filets, skin-side-up (if it has skin) and cook for 4 minutes; turn fish over and cook for an additional 4 minutes. Fish should flake easily when tested with a fork and skin should be crispy when done.
SERVE salmon with 2 tablespoons of sauce drizzled over. Garnish with additional pepitas, if desired.