Pan-Fried Salmon with Creamy Nutty Sauce
The creamy nutty sauce flavored with almonds, tomatillos and cilantro is perfect over salmon.
- 1/3 cup raw almonds
- 1/3 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 2 medium tomatillos, husked, rinsed and chopped
- 3 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons raw pepitas, plus extra for garnish
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 6 (4 to 6 ounces each) skin-on salmon filets (1 1/4 inches thick)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
SEASON salmon filets lightly with salt and pepper.
HEAT oil in large skillet over medium heat. Place salmon filets, skin-side-up (if it has skin) and cook for 4 minutes; turn fish over and cook for an additional 4 minutes. Fish should flake easily when tested with a fork and skin should be crispy when done.
SERVE salmon with 2 tablespoons of sauce drizzled over. Garnish with additional pepitas, if desired.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 260
- Calories from Fat: 140
- Total Fat: 15g (23% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 2g (10% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 65mg (22% of DV)
- Sodium: 130mg (5% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 4g (1% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 1g (5% of DV)
- Sugars: 2g
- Protein: 26g
- Vitamin A: 2% of DV
- Vitamin C: 2% of DV
- Calcium: 8% of DV
- Iron: 10% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.